The Seven Principles of Effortless Action
Carol Adrienne, Ph.D., is the author of The Purpose of Your Life: Finding Your Place in the World Using Synchronicity, Intuition, and Uncommon Sense, and co-author with James Redfield of The Celestine Prophecy: An Experiential Guide, and The Tenth Insight: An Experiential Guide. She is also the author of The Numerology Kit, an do-it-yourself guide to understanding the blueprint of your life.
The Seven Principles of Effortless Action
What's Not in the Business Plan:
Trusting Your Intuition &
To Help You Succeed
Part One--Seven Principles of Effortless Action
Are you willing to drop your five-year plan if something better comes along that you hadn't planned for? How open are you to business unknowns (the parts that are fortuitous and providential)--those serendipitous gifts that come your way that lead to greater success than you could ever have imagined or planned? Or do you stick to your straight and narrow line of thinking?
In our work environments, we are often ruled by "realistic" notions--by facts and figures--by charts, numbers, and logical pieces of information that we can prove. It's the world of business, and we're encouraged and predisposed to make our work routine. Besides being a factual world, (one we can put our hands on and one we can back up), it is also a world of rules and guidelines and protocol that must be followed. But are we overlooking something--something that costs nothing and can easily lead to greater success and an innovative edge?
There are steps we can take to begin to increase the magic and inspiration of synchronicity--or, put another way, being in the right place at the right time:EFFORTLESS ACTION
- Get clear about what you really want--that is, what kind of environment are you looking to exist in? Friendly people? Good clientele? Loving relationships? Opportunities for leadership? More freedom and flexibility? Focus on the feeling tone of what you are after, even if you can't imagine how to get it. Let the universe organize the specific details for accomplishing it. That's why affirmations work--you co-create with the universe.
- Listen to your intuition. Intuition is the still, small voice that hangs out in the back of your mind. It's persistent. It make come quickly, or it may keep nagging you a little bit. In hindsight, it's what makes you said, "I knew that." If you have the hunch to call someone or go somewhere, do it.
- Take action. If you are thinking of buying a house, finding a new doctor, volunteering for a worthy cause, or improving your garden and haven't yet taken any action, open up more. Keep your question in mind, and notice who you run into or who calls you. If your question crosses your mind, ask that person for a lead that might pertain to the information you need.
- Interpret the results of your action and be aware of coincidences. Don't dismiss coincidences as random. If something happens that seems even a little out of the ordinary, your energy will go up. This is a confirmation that something is happening in your favor. When you have no energy for something, really look hard at why you want to proceed with something that has no energy to it.
- Stop doing what isn't working. Give it a rest. Go with the flow. Some things need time to germinate and surface again in a completely new guise. Ask for clarity from the universe.
- More pleasure and gratitude. Taking pleasure in what you receive raises the frequency of all your situations, and allows you to attract people and opportunities more in tune with that vibration. Like attracts like. Who was it that said, "Life is painful, but suffering is optional?"
We all know how to use common sense. Uncommon sense is what we trust when we take a leap of faith. It comes not from the obvious, or the ordinary, or the expected. It comes as a result of knowing who we are (and who we are not), and trusting that to take us where we need to go. It's a deep knowing or trusting our intuition to be on our side. It pulls from a deeper level of wisdom--of what's right for us. Uncommon sense is listening to the voice that says, "Slow down," when we're late, and slowing down is the last thing we want to do.
Once you learn to listen to your intuition and use uncommon sense, a whole new world opens before your eyes. Your life will have more meaning. Your job will seem less mundane. You will learn to focus on your purpose and why you've made the choices you have. You will begin to see yourself as part of something greater--something bigger than simply getting up and doing your 9 to 5 job.THE SEVEN PRINCIPLES OF EFFORTLESS ACTION
Effortless action is not synonymous with sitting on your chair doing nothing. Effortless action means creating change without straining to "push the river." Going with the flow. Setting the wheels in motion. Effortless action is setting a goal and paying attention to what needs doing and allow the results to come when and how they come. Effortless action is being willing to do whatever it takes, but not trying to control what you cannot control.
The following seven principles are something to review from time to time when making business decisions.
Principle 1: Act on Passion. Take a stand for what you believe in. Remember your purpose is to contribute the best of who you are at all times. You are in this particular work situation because this is the place where you can fulfill your life purpose for the time being. There is a reason you were led to take this job or create this career.
Principle 2: Be Discerning. Let your rational mind and intuition work together. Trust first impressions but always check out the facts.
Principle 3: Listen very carefully to unspoken feelings. Flow through on persistent intuitive messages.
Principle 4: Notice where you lose or gain energy. Notice when you begin to rationalize, justify or blame. You feel something is not right? Take action even though it may take you out of your comfort zone. It's time to discover what you will need to change or release from your life.
Principle 5: Commit. Do whatever it takes to put you in motion toward doing what your intuition is telling you.
Principle 6: Assume synchronistic support (or providential help) is coming your way. Coincidences you never expected confirm that you are on the right path, even if their meaning is not crystal clear at the time. Some people say, "If it's supposed to happen, it will."
Principle 7: Trust the process. Trust that your life is unfolding as it should and that your intuition will lead you in the right direction.NUMEROLOGY LIFE CHARTS AND GUIDED VISUALIZATION TAPES BY
The Spiral Path
Phone (510) 527-2213
Fax (510) 528-2295